Margaret Domnick - The Inside Story...

I'm a woman, mother, friend, sister, daughter, wife and partner in crime. I'm spontaneous, anal, loud, loving, funny (or at least I think I am), and generally honest. Sometimes I get these thoughts... so I've created this blog to share them. Feel free to respond, but be kind...did I mention that I'm sensitive?



Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What's Your Plan?

So, I like to think I’m in control of my world. I plan my day, set out my clothes, and iron whatever may need to be ironed the night before. I schedule appointments before they are necessary, write everything down that I need to remember, keep my house pretty darned clean, try to plan meals, call my mother several times a week, and tuck my kids in bed at night. I make time to lunch with my friends and get in a few date-nights with my guy. I keep my paperwork up to date and am actually looking forward to organizing my garage later this summer. Although there are things I definitely could do better, I’m pretty happy with my little corner of the universe.

And just when I’m feeling really good about my world, something completely random happens that brings me back to reality. Something that reminds me that life isn't about my plan, it's about the actions that come from my plan. The planning is my view of myself, who I want to be; and my actions are proof of who I really am.

That'll give you something to think about today.

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment