Margaret Domnick - The Inside Story...

I'm a woman, mother, friend, sister, daughter, wife and partner in crime. I'm spontaneous, anal, loud, loving, funny (or at least I think I am), and generally honest. Sometimes I get these thoughts... so I've created this blog to share them. Feel free to respond, but be kind...did I mention that I'm sensitive?



Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 Inspirations...

Are you ready for the New Year? I'm getting ready. I don’t know about you, but I always have a list of things to start on January 1st. I don’t really understand why I wait until January 1st, I mean every morning is a new beginning, I could just as easily pick a Thursday and get going…but I don’t, I wait. And, while I’m waiting I take advantage of the last few days of not doing whatever it is I’m waiting to begin. Seriously, I’ve had ice-cream every single night since Christmas…because I’m waiting ‘till New Year’s Day to eat healthier. It makes no sense, but I know I’m not the only one!

Since I don’t really like the word “resolution”, I make New Year’s “inspirations”. Some of them are universal, like losing weight, eating healthier, exercising more...etc. But, I have a few others on my list that I’ll invite you to do with me.

In 2012 I will:

1. …find the good. I will find the good in people, in situations, at work, in the news, and in myself. I will choose to focus on the good; and there is always good to be found.

2. …say only (or at least mostly) nice things. My grandma once told me that every word I said should be a gift to whomever I said it. I will work to accomplish that task. Of course, I’ll allow myself brief periods to vent to my hubby and a few close friends, but not too often.

3. …spend time with people I enjoy, who also enjoy me. I’ve been hanging on to some friendships that aren’t healthy and it’s time to let them go. I will spend time with happy people, people who like themselves, who inspire me, who like to laugh, and who let me be myself. Goodbye to negative friendships!

4. …be honest. I will be honest with myself about everything; including money, calories, sex, exercise, time commitments, and emotions.

5. …really experience what happens in my life. I only get to live once, so I want to soak it all up, the good and bad, the happy and sad; I will acknowledge it, feel it, learn from it, and own it!

I’m sure I’ll come up with a few other inspirations to add to the list, but I think I have a pretty good start. And, come Sunday, I’ll be ready to go. Right now though, I need to dish up some ice-cream – yum!

Margaret

2 comments: